This position is responsible for repairing and installing general building and manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper function and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturers’ specifications. Diagnose equipment malfunctions and make repairs or adjustments as needed. Handiwork duties include but not limited to minor painting, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing, drywall repair, usage of hand tools, changing of air filters, and some custodial duties.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
- Performs basic plumbing and electrical work and determines when further attention is required.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Lead Maintenance Technician.
- Performs some custodial duties such as trash removal and clean-up.
- 2+ year professional experience (minor painting, drywall patching, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing, usage of hand tools, replacing of air filters, basic computer skills)
- HS or GED completion preferred, able to read, write, and understand directions and complete assigned tasks.
- Recognize and understand safety signs and building warning systems. Understand safety requirements, understand & meet company handbook expectations.
- Ability to change tasks or assignments outside normal duties. Work in a team environment.
Must be able to understand one’s own physical limitations to the extent necessary to perform the necessary functions and tasks of the job. Stand 33%, Walk >66%, Sit < 10%. Use of hands to finger, handle, rub, grip, and feel < 66%. Reach above shoulders < 33%, Push/pull and grasp with hands and arms 33-50%, Climb or balance < 33%. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl < 33%. Frequently lift 0-10 lbs carry 1-3 feet. Occasionally lift 35 pounds and carry 1-5 feet. Exposure to all outside weather conditions. Noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
General maintenance and repair workers often carry out many different tasks in a single day. They could work at any number of locations, both indoor and outdoor. They may work inside a single building, or be responsible for the maintenance of many buildings, such as those in a facility. The job is performed under temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.